Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Prayer for 2007

I'm not one to have new year's resolutions--at least not any more. I just got too tired of blowing it, each and every year!

A couple of years ago, I decided to focus on praying for someone or something throughout the year instead. And since my husband's salvation is nearest and dearest to my heart, this is something I always focus on, each and every year.

This year, I will continue to pray for him as he journeys toward our Lord, but I also want to offer this for those of you who also pray for a loved one's salvation:

Lord God,

I ask You to to continue to work in the hearts of those we dearly love. I ask You to give us wisdom as we speak to them about Your truth. I pray for discernment to know when to speak, when to listen, and when to just be silent in prayer.

I know that you love these special people more than we ever could, and I know that it isn't Your will that they should perish (2 Peter 3:9).

Help us to remember to persistently and consistently lift them up in prayer. Help us to live Christ-like lives in order to bring glory to You.

We ask for Your protection from the enemy who would like nothing less than to keep our loved ones from Your truth.

I pray this in Your Son's name,
Amen

May this be the year when many, many of our most precious friends and family meet our Savior.

Happy 2007!!

No comments: