Thursday, March 15, 2007

Take Time to be Silent

The last three weeks have been quite hectic. Working full time, teaching part time, and speaking part time . . . well, it can sometimes be overwhelming. And unfortunately, when I'm at my busiest, I can let some of the most important things in my life slip to the back burner. Like my time with the Lord.

I know beyond doubt that spending time each and every day is crucial if I'm going to keep my focus where it needs to be: on the Lord. I really believe this. But I also know that it's easy to get caught up in all the other stuff.

Can you relate?

What I've discovered is that when I'm the busiest is when I need to make time to spend quietly in the presence of the Lord. I often speak about the discipline of solitude, and when I feel overwhelmed by all of my appointments and "to dos," I know I need that time of quiet even more.

So, as soon as I finish this post, I'm going to take some time to be quiet with my Lord. I'm going to read His word to me, and I'm going to talk to Him.

And may I encourage you: If you haven't done so, make an appointment with God. Right now. He's waiting to spend time with you. Right now.

1 comment:

A mom said...

Sauni,

I've been reading your prior posts and they are awesome.

I needed to read this post today about remembering that picture of faith.

Thank you.
Olga