Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

This is such a . . . not difficult . . . I guess, it's a poignant day. I love celebrating moms, and I'm so grateful for my own. I was able to talk with her for a while this evening, and I really love her. She's the best!

But there's a tiny bit of sadness in my heart that I don't celebrate this day as a mom myself. I've truly accepted God's plan for my life--a plan of childlessness. I really have. I'm able to do things that I probably wouldn't have been able to do had I had children.

I have health issues that have limited my capacity, and had I had children, I probably wouldn't be able to work full time AND teach part time AND speak part time. I see how God uses me through my work and ministries, and I recognize that I have time to do things I might not otherwise be able to do.

I spoke once and the lovely lady who introduced me said that some women have the gift of children. Others have the gift of time. And that's the gift I've been given.

So, even though there's that tiny bit of sadness in my heart, I know how very blessed I am. I have wonderful nieces and nephews. And now, I have a sweet great nephew (and I just learned, another on the way!).

Most of all, I have the assurance that God is using me in ways I don't always see.

I pray for each of you moms. You are blessed. I pray you know this.

Enjoy your children . . . and your grandchildren. And I pray that you thank our Lord for the gifts of your children.

No comments: