Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Lord Holds My Hand

Psalm 37:23 & 24 say,

The steps of man are established by the Lord;
And He delights in his way.
When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong;
Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.

I love these verses!

First, they say that God established the steps of man (and woman). I talk a lot about the confidence I have that God really has a plan for each of His children. Verse 23 tells me that God does have a plan, but also that He delights in the steps His children take.

Second, and even closer to my heart, God holds my hand. I often say, when I'm just not sure I can even get out of bed, "Jesus, please hold my hand a little more tightly today." I just came out of a really rough week. Physically, I wasn't doing well. The only way I got through each day was knowing that Jesus was holding my hand.

When I read these verses this morning, it was like God said to me, "My beloved daughter, you see? I hold your hand. You'll never fall too far or too hard. You can trust Me."

What a blessing it is to know that God delights in watching me walk according to His plan. And what a even greater blessing it is to know that He's holding my hand as I take each step.

Are you struggling? Are you unsure? Do you need the touch of your Lord? Just reach out your hand and say, "Jesus, please hold my hand just a little more tightly today." And feel the squeeze of His hand as it covers yours.

1 comment:

A mom said...

Hi Sauni,
Yes, I need to feel His tight, firm grip on me...even a hug.

Thanks for the awesome reminder.
Hope all is well....

Soon we will get together....school just started and you know how it is when school starts and you are the teacher, right? Yikes!

I am loving every minute and getting to know my students. I like middle school!