Monday, October 27, 2008

God's Little Heartwarmers

If you're a true Christ-follower, you believe in answered prayer. I do. I've seen it. I've seen God answer big prayers--like miraculous healings--and small things--like the perfect parking place.

He often answers with a resounding "yes!" And we rejoice.

Sometimes, He answers with a clear "no." And we may at first grieve, but eventually we often see the purpose behind the "no."

Then of course, there's when He says "wait," which we usually don't like very much.

While I've seen answered prayer (all of the above), it sometimes seems like God is rather silent. It sometimes seems like a lot of time goes by between clearly answered prayers.

God is good, though, and He rewards our patience. Sometimes He, like the loving Father He is, just warms our hearts, through and through.

Over the last few days, I've experienced some of God's "little heartwarmers." He's clearly answered four prayers--two rather big and two rather small. This time, He chose to answer "yes" to each of them. And can I just say, I feel very blessed . . . and very humbled.

I still have many prayers to which He still seems to be saying "no" or "wait." That's okay, though, because He's reminded me again that He will answer.

Keep praying, my friend. Keep listening for His "yes" or His "no" . . . or just keep waiting. He will answer.

No comments: