Thursday, March 05, 2009

I Love the Lord!!

What a day this has been. I mentioned a blog or two ago that I'm going through Beth Moore's Esther study, and it's been pretty wonderful.

This morning's study was an eye-opener: She compared us with Haman.

Yes! Haman!!

If you know the story, it's not a compliment!!

As I continued meditating on her God-inspired words, I realized that a weakness of mine--pride--could make me into a Haman. Gasp!! Some of those words cut straight to my heart.

Over the last year or so, the Holy Spirit has really been working on my heart regarding pride, and this morning, I prayed fervently that the Lord would continue to refine me in this area. As I was praying about a particular struggle, the Spirit revealed something to me that was a total breakthrough. It was so amazing, it made me cry.

I know I'll sometimes fail, the flesh will sometimes prevail.

But what an amazing answer to something I've struggled with and prayer for . . . for so long! God is good, and I just love Him!!

No comments: