Thursday, June 11, 2009

A New Insight

I may have written this before, but don't you just love it when you read something you've read before and see something new and wonderful?

That happened last week for me. I was reading Proverbs 3, and kind of rushed through verses 5-6. I knew them by heart, so why linger? Then I read verses 7-8, and something struck me that hadn't before. Those four verses go together and provide a wonderful guide for living. In case you don't know them:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear [revere] the Lord and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.

This is what struck me anew, this guide for living (for me, at least!):

  • Trust in the Lord. Look at how He's worked in your life, and remember His faithfulness.
  • Don't try to figure it out yourself. His ways and thoughts really are higher than yours!
  • Give everything to Him, and He'll direct you. He loves you and will always lead you and protect you.
  • Don't try to be self-wise. You may not know as much as you think you do!
  • Give reverent awe to God. He is sovereign and worthy of all glory, honor, and praise.
  • Turn away from anything that isn't of God. Don't even give the enemy a toehold!
  • Focus on Him and be spiritually healed and physically refreshed. Trust Him to give you daily strength, and He will (I speak from experience!).
I pray you spend time in God's word every day. I also pray for new insights for you as well.

No comments: