Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Beginning to Look...

I can't help it. I'm a Christmas geek. Certifiably. I'm one of those who decorates the day Saturday after Thanksgiving and envelop the entire first floor of my home with decorations.

I really can't help it. And I really don't want to!

As I sit here in my living room looking at one of the two trees in my home, I just love how having all the fuss around me gives me such joy.

There's something about this season that speaks to my heart--and the hearts of many others. Something joyful. Something peaceful.

But there's something about what's happened to this season that hurts my heart. We live in a culture that doesn't seem to understand that Christmas isn't--for many of us--just another holiday.

Celebrate what you will, but would it be okay for me to celebrate Christmas for what I believe with all I am is the right reason? Is it all right for me to wish you a Merry Christmas? Would you mind if I celebrate because I believe Christmas is Christ-mas--a celebration of Christ?

Just wondering.

No comments: