Friday, January 02, 2015

Grace and Peace (1 Corinthians 1:1-3)


Today's scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:1-3

Today begins what will likely be a long journey through two of Paul’s letters (as I mentioned yesterday, 2015 will focus on as many of his epistles as possible). As always, I look forward to learning more about God’s word written through the pen of His faithful servant. I pray you’ll be blessed as I share what He has laid upon my heart.

We start with a similar greeting as we’ve seen with Paul’s other letters. Paul’s heart for the saints in Corinth is clear by his opening words. I imagine his recipients reading these words and being blessed. And even in these few verses, we too can be blessed.

I forget sometimes that we who follow Christ are saints because we have been sanctified in Christ Jesus. We have been set apart and have been called to serve Him.

Because of our calling, we experience God’s grace and peace. He showered us with “unmerited favor” as we received the free gift of salvation through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ (see Romans 6:23). And He continues to shower us with “every good thing” as we follow His will for our lives (see James 1:17).

In addition, we can experience a peace that surpasses our human understanding as we rely on our loving Father to care for us, protect us, provide for us, and comfort us.

I pray as we embark on this journey that you’ll experience God’s grace and peace. Just as Paul prayed centuries ago.

No comments: