Monday, August 24, 2015

Called Through His Grace (Galatians 1:15-17)

Today’s scripture: Galatians 1:15-17

It still amazes me that God “set me apart” and “called me through His grace.” That’s how much He loves me.

I'm so very flawed, and I so often fail, yet He continues to bless and use me—oftentimes, in spite of me.

I’m gearing up for a new semester of teaching, and I’m reminded of how He uses me to influence the lives of students ... which I get to do from the comfort of our lovely new Tennessee home. As I sit here in my office, I glance out the window and see an expanse of trees. It’s beautiful, and I'm thrilled that I can teach in such a wonderful, peaceful setting … in my jammies, if I want! I am blessed.

I start a new small group tomorrow, and I’m excited to connect with a new group of “sisters” and to see how God might use me to encourage them. I am blessed.

I’m back on the stage, rehearsing for a fun show, and I'm working with a great cast and crew. It’s such a gift to be able to perform, using gifts that God has given me. I am blessed.

You, too, are “called through His grace.” If you surrender to Him and let Him order your day, you will be blessed as well. In spite of you …

No comments: