Wednesday, November 23, 2016

No Shadow of Turning ... (James 1:17-18)

Today’s scripture: James 1:17-18

One of my favorite all-time hymns is “Great is Thy Faithfulness.” The chorus comes from Lamentations 3:22-23: "Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me."

But there’s also a hint of James 1:17 in the first verse:

Great is Thy Faithfulness, O God My Father, There is no shadow of turning with Thee. Thou changest not. Thy compassions they fail not. As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.
God was, is, and forever will be. We can have be confident of that.

And our never-changing God, our Father of lights, showers us with “every good thing … and every perfect gift.”

He carries us through the difficult times. He provides for our every need. He works through us to tell the world His truth.

I don’t know about you, but I feel tremendously blessed to know that God is the same loving, compassionate, righteous, and faithful God He’s always been … and always will be. 

No comments: