Friday, December 08, 2017

Trustworthy Mercy (Psalm 13:5)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 13:5

I’ve written before that I was abused as a child and young teenager by three different men. When you’ve been hurt by an adult, it’s often hard to trust anyone … even God Himself.

I didn’t trust men for a very long time, and I didn’t trust God either. Oh, I still believed in Him, but I distrusted His love … for me, at least.

I’m so grateful that I found trustworthy people, and I’m (literally!) eternally grateful I found my way back to the arms of Jesus.

I finally realized that God is worthy of trust, that His mercy is abundant, that His grace is abundant, and that His love is everlasting.

He is the God of my salvation, and I can trust in Him in every situation and at all times.

If you find it difficult to trust, go to the One who is worthy of your trust too. People may let you down, but God never will.

Never.

No comments: