Tuesday, July 03, 2007

God's Amazing Grace

I'm in between group Bible studies, so along with my regular time of personal study, I've been reviewing a wonderful Kay Arthur study, Lord, I Need Grace to Make It that I did several years ago.

In the introduction, Kay writes, "Amazing grace . . . Grace that enables you to make it . . . no matter your need, no matter the circumstance, no matter the pull of the flesh or its weaknesses. The Lord is there with His grace, grace sufficient to make it."

I have to be honest with you . . . I've been feeling a bit discouraged lately. My health has taken a step back, and I'm bone-weary. I'm burdened for my husband as he traverses a valley or two--and as he seems far from faith. I'm disheartened by a silence I feel regarding the Lord's plan for my ministry. Sometimes I just have to wonder what He's doing . . . and when He'll do it.

I question why . . . why can't I feel better?

Why can't Russ find Jesus and thus find peace?

Why can't I clearly see God's direction?

And then I have to stop and remember how God has blessed me.

I have to stop and remember His overwhelming grace and mercy--and a love that flows over me even when I far from deserve it.

Indeed . . .

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me . .

No comments: