Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another Precious Boy

Bright blue eyes. Rosy cheeks. A little frown. A sweet little cry. A smile that takes my breath away.

My sweet little great-nephew, Joey.

Just over two years ago, I saw the same eyes, cheeks, frown, smile, but that was from Joey's big brother, CJ.

This weekend, I was with Joey, my eldest niece's second son.

If you've read previous blogs, you know that I don't have any children of my own, but God has blessed me so much with my nieces and nephews. They are all really good people whom I believe God will use to do amazing things.

And two of those amazing things are those precious great-nephews of mine.

I can't tell you how it feels to love those little guys. It's wonderful to watch them grow and change (even if it's only in pictures).

Can I say a word of encouragement to you who don't have children? Find a child to love. Maybe you have nieces and nephews of your own? Or you can help in your children's ministry?

Just find a way to see bright eyes and rosy cheeks and heartwarming smiles.

No comments: