Friday, November 09, 2007

With a Grateful Heart

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. One of the main reasons is that there's no real hype surrounding it (of course, that also means that it seems to be somewhat overlooked). It's just a time to reflect on what God has done for us, and every year, I try to do just that.

James 1:17 tells us that every good and perfect gift comes from our Lord. I really believe He delights in blessing us. I picture His smiling when we find pleasure in His gifts.

But I'm often convicted that I just don't thank Him enough . . . although I realize that because of His grace and mercy, I can NEVER thank Him enough.

So as I look to this upcoming holiday, I want to thank my Lord:
  • For being my Lord and Savior - You saw worth in this unworthy girl.
  • For Russ, my dear, supportive husband - He has allowed me to follow God's call on my heart.
  • For family - They may be far away in body, but are always as close as a prayer.
  • For friends - Through tears and laughter, they continue to bless my heart.
  • For ECCU - I realize how blessed I am to work for a Christian organization.
  • For Triple-E Ministries - The privilege of seeing God work in the women to whom I speak is humbling.

There's so much to be grateful for. Yes, I have areas I struggle with. No, my life isn't perfect. But I am blessed . . . and so grateful.

If you haven't lately, take a moment to thank God for His blessings.

And Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: