Friday, January 25, 2008

God's Ways are Good

I love how God uses things we've read or seen dozens of times to affirm once again . . .

This morning, I was reading Genesis 50, and I came across a verse I've read many times. In fact, I've referred to it often when I speak or write. After Jacob died, Joseph's brothers were fearful that he'd finally take revenge on them. But he, with a sincere and loving heart--and with trust in his God--was able to say, ". . . you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good." (verse 20, NKJV)

Over the last week or so, I've heard so many stories of pain being experienced by people I know and love. Loved ones dying. Cancer invading. Finances strangling. Marriages crumbling. Health declining. Children rebelling.

These are happening to people who love and trust God.

Sometimes it gets overwhelming. Really overwhelming.

But then I read this familiar verse, and I'm reminded that God's plan is higher than my own, and even when man or the enemy of this world attempts to cause evil, God will use it for His good. He's certainly done so in my life.

I don't know where you are and what you're experiencing right now. But remember that our sovereign God is greater and more powerful than anything. And He loves you.

No comments: