Monday, March 24, 2008

My Rock. My Strength. My Refuge.

How often do you wake up and you just don't think you can do it? You just can't make it through another day?

I do. More often than I'd like to say.

I have many mornings when I really, truly want to pull the covers back over my head and hibernate. And it seems those mornings come more and more frequently these days. Sometimes it's because of pain. Sometimes it's because of fatigue. And sometimes, to be honest, it's just because . . .

I remember during my twenty-year rebellion from the Lord, when I had those days (which were a lot less frequent than they are now), I'd fall into a depression. Or sometimes I'd just get mad. Some days, I felt hopeless, without purpose. I look back at those days with a great deal of sadness because I was just lost . . .

Now, when I have those days, like I did last week. I do have hope. And I have even more hope when God includes passages like Psalm 62:5-8 in my daily quiet time.

Look at these words. Really look at them.

Psalm 62
5 My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength, And my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us

Aren't they great? I know my God is with me. He truly is my rock, my strength, my refuge . . . .

And He's yours, too.

3 comments:

A mom said...

Sauni,
Yes, I can relate to those kinds of mornings....days. It was like that on Tuesday and so I forced myself to put on my sneakers and go for a walk...it was such a warm and suny day. I know that when I am not exercising regularly that my spirit tends to sag (as do otehr things!) Then, when I came home, checked my email and there was YOUR email! I felt so lifted and encouraged by it...and by my walk with God. (I like to talk to HIm when I walk)

Anyways, know that your words are not in vain and that many are lifted by them!

Blessings,

Olga

A mom said...

Hi Sauni,
Just checking in...
My daughter recently posted Psalm 30 on her blog.....

I found it encouraging....hope you do too!
Have a blessed week....

Spring has Sprung!
Olga

scj said...

Hi Sauni,

What a beautiful blog and such words of encouragement. I remember our 'chance' conversation at the CMA breakfast table with such joy. It is great to see all that you are doing. May God bless you richly.
love Sheila