Friday, May 01, 2009

Gratitude

I'm really, really blessed. Really.

Although, on the surface, it doesn't necessarily look that way.

As I've mentioned in past entries, things have been tough, and it looks like the next several weeks (months?) are going to be just as tough. My mother-in-law's health continues to slowly decline, and only the Lord knows the number of her days. The roller coaster continues to take us up and down and around those emotional curves.

I've felt more pain and weariness lately, and I've had to take a step out of a few areas of ministry, which has been really hard for me.

Yes, it's been hard, but I'm really, really blessed.

Just this morning, I was reminded of how blessed I am with wonderful, caring, sincerely loving friends. I know they're praying for me. They share my burdens.

What a blessing!

And then I found out that my fight against the insurance company for a medication is over . . . and I won!!

What a blessing!

Oh, and I'm going to be an honorary grandma again!!

So even with the slow loss of Ruth, even with ongoing health problems, even with the uncertainty of just living, I'm blessed.

Thank You, Lord, for each splash of joy You bring to my life. Thank You for blessings that far outweigh the difficulties. You are so good. Thank You!

No comments: