Friday, August 21, 2009

The Mountain and the Valley

We all know that our life's journeys take us to the top of the mountain at times and to the depths of the valley at times.

Yesterday, I made it to the top and the depths all in one day.

My day started with working at my God-given job that allows me the flexibility to work from home. I'd taken a few hours off the day before, so I really needed to get caught up. I love what I do, so even work sometimes gives me almost-to-the-top-of-the-mountain moments.

Then I took an early lunch to go speak and sing at a local women's club, something I always love to do. Afterwards, the Lord led me to the top of the mountain with some really affirming words from some of the women. Words that reminded me of the gift God's given me by allowing me to speak His words. Words that reminded me of how He uses me to encourage others.

A mountain-top high!

I came back home and worked some more, finishing several tasks ahead of schedule--always a good thing!!

And then the valley.

I've mentioned in other blogs that I've been part of an amazing cast performing a fun, encouraging play. It's been so much fun, and such a wonderful haven from "real" life.

I received a call last evening that the remaining performances have been canceled. It doesn't really matter why, but this call put me in the valley depths.

All that work. All the dedicated people. All the time invested.

It's all over . . .

I'm so sad for the leadership of the playhouse. I'm grieving for the cast and crew. Yes, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't the worst thing that could ever or will ever happen, but it's still a loss.

I know I'll get out of this valley relatively soon, but for now . . . I just have to pray for my dear friends and pray we'll all make it to the mountain.

No comments: