Friday, November 05, 2010

Burden-bearers (Gal. 6:2)

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
(Galatians 6:2, NASB)

How grateful I am for the burden-bearers in my life. Those people who pray for me, who care for me, who love me. If it weren’t for them, I sometimes wonder how I’d survive. Oh, I know my strength comes from my heavenly Father, and I know it’s His grace that covers me.

But sometimes we need to see Jesus “in the flesh.” Know what I mean? Sometimes we need a hug or a shoulder or an ear. We need to be embraced, not only by the love of our Father, but also by arms of flesh.

And I’m so blessed to have people in my life who, just with a request, pray for me and support me. Most of all, my wonderful husband, who isn’t a follower of Christ … He is my greatest burden-bearer. His love and care and support are irreplaceable—and I am so very grateful for him.

Not only do I have my own burden-bearers, but I’ve also been blessed to bear a few burdens for my friends. And that too is such a blessing.

I pray you have burden-bearers in your life. And I pray you’re a burden-bearer for someone else.

No comments: