Thursday, February 17, 2011

Creator God (Ps. 95:4-5)

In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
The heights of the hills are His also.
The sea is His, for He made it;
And His hands formed the dry land.

(Psalm 95:4-5, NKJV)

I’ve always thought it takes more faith to be an atheist than to be a Christian. Being an agnostic, I understand. To say “There may be a God, but I’m not sure” is one thing, but saying there’s no God is quite presumptuous.

If nothing else, seeing the scope of creation should make one at least consider the idea of a Creator, an Intelligent Designer. This world is so intricate, so detailed. And so amazingly grand. Living in Southern California, I can see the magnitude of the mountains, the vast expanse of the ocean, the immensity of the desert. All in one day, if I choose.

Sunsets. Flowers. Animals. Birds. Rainbows. People.

All point to a Maker. An intelligent, wondrously creative Maker.

And I believe with all that is in me that the Maker of this world, and all that is in it, is the God of the Bible. He created heavens and earth. He created plant life and animals. He created man and woman.

This is the God I worship and praise. This is the God I choose to serve. What about you?

No comments: