Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Rejoices with the Truth (1 Cor. 13:4-7)

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
(1 Corinthians 13:4-7, NASB)

Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.


Of all the attributes Paul describes, this one should be the easiest for those of us who follow Christ. We should never rejoice in unrighteousness. Sin should never be celebrated. As I write these words, I’m convicted—yet again. How often do I watch a television show or movie that revels in sin? More often than I care to admit.

Sin breaks the heart of my heavenly Father. It should do the same to mine. And yet, I laugh it off as though it doesn’t matter.

My rejoicing should only come when I see God work in lives. When I see people make a stand for faith. When someone begins a relationship with Jesus.

When truth wins out.

Then I should plan a party and celebrate!

No comments: