Monday, April 01, 2013

The True Light (John 1:9-13)


Today's scripture: John 1:9-13

Yesterday, we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). He is our Redeemer, our Messiah.

He is the "true Light" available to anyone who accepts salvation through His death, burial, and resurrection. Yet, so many have not received this gift ... and so many more will refuse it.

We who follow Christ know that we have become "children of God" because we "believe in His name." And because of the grace we have been given, we should desire nothing less than to serve God and to help others find that same grace.

I've been focusing on how God is calling me to serve Him in this season of my life. I've been blessed to serve on worship teams and in drama ministries. I've had the privilege of leading a small group. Now that God has led me to a new church, I'm prayerfully waiting on His guidance to lead me to whatever area of ministry He has planned for me.

I desire to serve Him. But even more, I desire to be used by Him to reach others so that they too might see the Light, so that they too might become children of God.

As you reflect on yesterday's celebration, thank Jesus yet again for His sacrifice on your behalf. And ask how you might serve Him and reach others for Him.

No comments: