Friday, January 03, 2014

Prospering ... God's Way (Psalm 1:3)


Today's scripture: Psalm 1:3

People blessed by God don’t spend time with those who ridicule God. They do spend time delighting in God’s word, and when they focus on God, he “firmly plants” them. He nurtures and helps them grow into people He can use.

When we focus on God and His will for us, He uses us in ways we cannot even imagine.

I never expected to speak for Him. I never expected to be able to mentor young women. I never expected to write a week-day devotional.

Yet, because I’ve learned to keep my focus on Him, because I’ve learned to delight in His word, He’s chosen to allow me to do things I absolutely love in service to Him

Even more, He’s allowed me to see some fruit from my efforts. I won’t know everything He’s done through me this side of heaven, but I’ve seen enough. Comments made. Tears of joy shared. Lives changed.

By Him. Through me.

As I’ve watched Him work, I’ve seen the areas of ministry He’s given me prosper. No, not prosper financially, as some would define that word. But prosper spiritually. Emotionally.

And I am blessed.

No comments: