Thursday, January 09, 2014

Giving Thanks (Psalm 100:4-5)


Today's scripture: Psalm 100:4-5

Yesterday, I wrote about finding joy simply because I’m God’s daughter (or as I like to say when I speak, I’m a much-loved daughter of the King!). Today’s verses complete that thought.

Because I’m God’s, because He loves me, I can be joyful. Even more, I can be grateful for everything. Everything. Good and bad.

I can be grateful for the daily pain that requires a reliance on Him. I can be grateful for times of trial that strengthen me. I can be grateful for difficult relationships that cause me to be compassionate.

Mostly, I can be grateful that the God who loves me is good. He’s merciful ... and that mercy is everlasting.

I know it sounds trite, but it’s true. God will use all things for my good and His glory (Romans 8:28). It may not seem that way today, but as I wrote in my book, The Best Laid Plans:
  • God loves you.
  • God is beside you every moment, in every circumstance.
  • God will use the pain you’re experiencing today to strengthen you.
  • And, one day, you will see how your yesterday will bless your today and give you hope for tomorrow.
I’m not white-washing pain, my friends. Believe me. I understand pain more than some, not as much as others. But I do know that if I can be genuinely thankful, blessing and praising God, I see His goodness.

I pray you’ll see that same goodness, no matter what you’re going through. And that you, too, will give thanks.

No comments: