Friday, October 16, 2015

Never Alone (Ephesians 1:13-14)

Today's scripture: Ephesians 1:13-14

Do you ever feel lonely?

I sometimes do. With my family spread throughout the U.S., with my California friends so far away, and my new Tennessee friends busy with their own lives … sometimes, I feel quite alone.

But then I remember, I’m never alone. Never. I’m God’s beloved daughter, “sealed … with the Holy Spirit of promise …”

My trusty commentary says: "… t
he Holy Spirit, which is promised to them who believe on Christ Jesus, was given to you, and thus you were ascertained to be the children of God, for God has no child who is not a partaker of the Holy Ghost, and he who has this Spirit has God's seal that he belongs to the heavenly family" (The Adam Clarke Commentary). I am part of God’s family, and the Holy Spirit is within me.

Thank You, Lord God, for the reminder that I’m never alone. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for living in me. 

No comments: