Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Reflections ...

For the next three days, I’m veering from our journey through Paul’s epistles. As this year winds down, it just seems appropriate to reflect a bit.

2015 has been an amazing year, full of many ups (our move from California to Tennessee being the biggest) and downs (right now, my heart is burdened by the impending loss of a dear friend …). Through it all, as in years gone by, the Lord has been ever-faithful.

A favorite verse of mine (and yes, I do have many favorites!) comes to mind this morning:
Cast your burden on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. (NASB, Psalm 55:22)
No matter the circumstance, I know the Lord sustains me. He walks alongside me and rejoices with me during the good times. He carries me and wipes my tears during the times of pain and sorrow.

He provides and protects, giving me exactly what I need to get through each day. That has been so very true this last year. As I continue to deal with ill health, as I develop new friendships, as I seek God’s will … He faithfully and graciously cares for me.

May I encourage you to take a moment to reflect on your 2015? Then, spend a moment (or two or three) thanking our Lord for sustaining you?

No comments: