Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Peace of Christ (Colossians 3:15-16)

Today's scripture: Colossians 3:15-16

Nothing quite touches my soul than then concept of peace. God-given, all-surpassing peace. A peace that sustains me no matter the situation. A peace that reminds me that this world isn't my home. A peace that will "guard [my] heart and [my] mind through Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:7, NKJV).

I honestly don't know how someone who doesn't know Jesus has true peace. When circumstances are painful or difficult, where does she find comfort for her heart and soul? Through relationships? And what happens if those relationships fail? Through drugs or alcohol? These can destroy. Through a career? Careers end.

No, true, all-encompassing, never-ending peace comes only through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This peace carries me through days when the pain and weariness are unrelenting. This peace covers me when earthly relationships fall short. This peace showers me with hope of eternity with my Savior.

And because of this beyond-understanding peace, I can rejoice. I can sing "with thankfulness in [my] heart to God."

Do you have this peace? This peace that "surpasses all understanding"? Surrender everything to the Lord. Give Him loving control of your life.

And then ask for peace. The peace of Jesus Christ.

No comments: