Monday, January 15, 2018

Lie Down and Sleep (Psalm 3:4-6)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 3:4-6

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has problems sleeping. I’ve dealt with insomnia, in one way or another, most of my life.

Sometimes, I can’t sleep because of pain. Other times, it’s because I have too much on my mind, too many worries. Still other times, it’s because of noises or distractions.

When I can’t sleep, I sometimes “count sheep.” Or I read. Or I pray.

I wish I went to the last one first … Because God does hear me when I cry out to Him. And when I’m lying in bed unable to sleep, He reminds me that I’m covered by His protection. He sustains me. He gives me strength.

When I remember how He loves me, how He cares for me, how He provides for me, I can rest.

Not every night … but often enough.

No comments: