Friday, January 19, 2018

So Blessed! (Psalm 4:1)

Today's scripture: Psalm 4:1

So many times, I sit in awe of how very blessed I am. I have a supportive, loving husband, a lovely home, a sweet four-legged fur-baby. I have the privilege of teaching and helping my students to become more effective writers—all from the comfort of my own home. I have wonderful friends. I enjoy fun things like performing at our local community theater.

I am so very blessed.

My life, however, isn't perfect. If you've read my devotionals for any length of time, you know I deal with a plethora of health issues, any of which causes pain. Between them, I honestly don't know a moment without of pain of some kind. Some days are better; some are ... well, not.

Because of my moment-by-moment pain, I often call out to God "in my distress." I often lift a figurative hand and say, "Jesus, will You hold my hand just a little more tightly today?" ... and He does. He hears my cry and holds my hand. Some days, He carries me.

Even though He doesn't take away the pain completely, He offers relief for that moment. He offers mercy, peace, and comfort.

Through the pain, in spite of the pain, I feel His presence ... and I am blessed.

So blessed.

No comments: