Friday, May 18, 2018

All I Want ... (Psalm 16:5-6)


Today's scripture: Psalm 16:5-6

I've written this many times, but I have to say again: I don't know how those who don't know God live ... seriously. Without the confidence that He is in loving, gracious, merciful control of my every day, I'd just want to crawl into a hole and die.

Seriously.

However, because I know He loves me and has a plan for me (Jeremiah 29:11), I can surrender everything ... everything.

The Contemporary English Version paraphrase of today's verses especially touches my heart:

You,
Lord, are all I want!
    You are my choice,
    and you keep me safe.
You make my life pleasant,
    and my future is bright.

Not only is God "all I want" in this life, knowing Him assures me that I have eternity with Him to look forward to. He protects me now and gives me strength each day, and one day, my "bright future" will be in the new heaven and new earth ... in His presence, forever and ever.

Lord God Almighty, be my all in all. Be my only choice. Use me as You will. And one day, usher me into your kingdom. Amen.

No comments: