Monday, July 31, 2006

An Amazing Child

I spent the weekend with the most amazing child! My niece, Sarah, and her husband, Chris, visited from Oregon, and they brought their one-year-old son, Christopher Jr, aka C.J.

Now, there are hundreds of thousands of great aunts out there. I realize this. And I realize that each of these hundreds of thousands of great aunts thinks her great nephew or niece is the sweetest, the cutest, the smartest, etc. etc. etc. But I have to say, my great nephew really IS the sweetest, the cutest, the smartest, etc. etc. etc.

God didn't bless my husband and me with children, and I've lived somewhat vicariously through the lives of our nieces and nephews. My eldest niece--I call her my "first born" because I was only nineteen when she was born--has always had a special place in my heart, and when she married in 2004, she honored me by asking me to be an attendant in her wedding.

And then when she gave birth to that amazing child in 2005, she and Chris asked me and Russ to be "honorary grandparents."

So, this weekend, I was able to love on that baby!

And I was reminded of something: God loves me. Even though He had a different plan for Russ and me, I've had wonderful relationships with children that He's brought into my life. And now I have the opportunity to have a relationship this new little one.

God is faithful. He really is!

No comments: