Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday Night Blues

It's Sunday, and the day is winding down. I enjoyed a wonderful time of worship at my home church this morning, did some shopping with my husband, played with the dogs . . . typical Sunday "stuff." It's been a nice relaxing day.

But now I face the "Sunday Night Blues." You know what I mean: You've enjoyed your weekend even if you had tons of things to do, and now you know that the work week starts in just a few hours.

Sound familiar?

Now, I'm fortunate to work at a wonderful company, and I really do love my job. The problem is that I love my husband and home and ministry more, and it's hard sometimes to balance all of it.
So, what do I do to get over these blues? What can you do?

There's a verse that helps me to actually look forward to Mondays: "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men." (Col 3:23)

Remembering that my job is a gift from God and that I'm called to work to glorify Him makes it easier to get over those Sunday Night Blues.

I pray that this will help you as you prepare for another work week.

Be blessed!

No comments: