Friday, September 04, 2009

An Everlasting Love

I journal every day, and the journal I'm writing in right now has verses of encouragement at the bottom of every page. Today, the first page I wrote on has Jeremiah 31:3 . . . "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." (NIV)

That's God speaking to me . . . and to you.

Do you sometimes forget how much God really loves you? Do you get so caught up with His sovereignty and His power that you forget He's your loving Father? Your Abba? Your Daddy?

I have to admit, I do sometimes. Then He brings reminders through His servants--ancient and modern. How grateful I am that He loves me with that everlasting love. I love how the Message puts it:

"I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!"

Bask in those words. Let them flow over you like a gentle rain. No matter what you do--what I do--He'll never stop loving you! He'll never stop loving me! We can "expect love, love, and more love!"

Enjoy!

No comments: