Saturday, September 12, 2009

You Just Have to Love 'em!

I usually write about what God's doing in my life and heart, but today, I just have to say that dogs are some of God's greatest creations!!

You just have to love 'em!

Now I know there are some of you that don't like dogs, and frankly, I wonder about the health of your mind (just kidding . . . sort of).

I've always loved dogs, but we really didn't have them when I was growing up. My sister had two chihuahuas, but they weren't MINE.

I had my first very-own dog when Russ and I adopted an adorable blond Cocker Spaniel in 1993. Todd was the sweetest thing, and he loved me unconditionally. A few years later, we adopted another Cocker (Gidget) to keep the first company (it didn't really work--Todd barely tolerated Gidget).

Then tragedy--one that only true dog-lovers understand--struck. We lost both Cockers within 8 weeks of each other in early 2004. It was heartbreaking.

Time passed, grieving abated, and in January 2005, we adopted our Labradors that you may have seen on my Facebook page. They're sweet and loving, and coming home to them at the end of the day brings such joy. You dog-lovers know what I mean!

I'm sitting here on a quiet Saturday morning (Russ is out of town), and I'm so grateful I have these precious four-legged "kids" to keep me company. Annie, the older black Lab, is dreaming, and boy, what a dream she must be having! Woofs. Grrs. Quickly moving feet. It's quite entertaining! Then Luke, the younger yellow Lab, sidles up beside me and rests his head on my lap. "Just love me," his eyes tell me.

And I do. God has created so many wonderful things, just for our enjoyment, just to bring us pleasure. And my two sweet Labs do just that.

And you just have to love 'em!!

No comments: