Friday, September 25, 2009

His Mercies Are New...Every Morning

We've been experiencing some unseasonably hot weather here in Southern California. Triple digits for over a week. I'm not a hot-weather gal. I prefer the coolness of autumn or the fresh breezes of spring. Triple digits make me want to find the coolest place and just veg.

Autumn is coming, though. The mornings have been cool (yea!), and I've awakened feeling more refreshed. I love it!

The coolness of recent mornings remind me of God's promise in Lamentations. His mercies keep me from being "consumed" (as the New King James Version puts it), and His "compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." (3:23-24)

What an amazing blessing that is! No matter what happened yesterday, His mercies and compassions are new. They don't fail. He is faithful.

Every morning. He never fails! Never.

So the days may be hot, but the mornings will always bring new mercies from my faithful God.

Amen. And amen.

No comments: