Friday, January 01, 2010

Another New Year

2010.

Seriously . . . 2010? For those of us "of an age," wasn't 2010 supposed to be full of space odysseys and travels to far off galaxies, going from here to there with a mere push of a button, cars that levitate?

Instead, it's just another year.

Now, I have to admit, 30 years ago, I couldn't have imagined carrying (and absolutely loving) two small devices, one that holds every song I love and the other, a growing library of books, and a phone, slipped in my pocket, that allows me to call anyone at any time. Those seemed like science fiction dreams.

But really, is there anything new under the sun to look forward to in 2010? I'm not sure. I mean, what else could we possibly want?

It's just another year. For some of us, it'll be business as usual (or trying to find business as usual). Same ol' stuff. For others, 2010 will open new and exciting doors--weddings, births, unexpected opportunities. Well . . . Just like years past. Nothing new under the sun.

Now before you think I'm being a drag, I'm looking forward to this new year. Really. There's a lot of work to be done and plans to be made. There'll be chances to see God work in ways I can't imagine today. There'll be new people to meet and new dreams to see fulfilled.

It's going to be a good year no matter what because God's in it.

So, although I won't be flying off to Saturn any time soon (and I really was hoping for the ability "travel at the push of a button"), I pray for a happy, healthy 2010--for all of us.

No comments: