Friday, January 29, 2010

A Much-needed Refuge

Some of my favorite verses come from Psalm 46.

"God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in time of trouble.
Therefore, we shall not fear.
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling."

Through storms, through earthquakes, through devastation, through pain, through trials. God is always there. Always.

But sometimes it feels like He's far away. Sometimes it seems like help isn't coming.

I've written a lot about trust. Do we really trust that God is who He says He is? Do we really believe He'll carry us through even the most painful times?

I know for some of my friends it's hard right now. You can't see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

All I can offer you today is my prayers. And the final verses of Psalm 46.

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge."

No comments: