Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Beauty of God's Creation

[To my regular readers: I’m detouring briefly from 2 Peter. Join me tomorrow as we continue that journey.]

In April, my husband and I went to Oregon to celebrate the marriage of our nephew, Tim, to his new bride, Mary. We flew up a few days early to spend some time at Historic Columbia River. We enjoyed the beautiful, lush green surrounding us. We were awe-struck by incredible cascades of water.

And as I reveled in the beauty, I thanked God for His creation. All the amazing things He created just for our enjoyment.

This weekend, we’re visiting another niece and nephew, Beth and Jack, in Park City, Utah. We just came back from a 45-minute hike, and again, I marveled at the beauty of the mountains and valley. And again, I thanked God for His creation.

I've been blessed to travel to quite a few places on this earth, and every time I visit somewhere different, I’m amazed anew that He chose to create such diversity and creativity—just to please us. And I wonder: How can anyone deny an intelligent designer? Even if they don’t believe in the God of the Bible, how can people look at the complexity of the eye or the magnificence of the ocean or the grandeur of the mountains, and think it just “happened.”

I love the analogy of looking at a piece of art. Would anyone think it just happened? No, they’d know someone created it. So how can we look at the art that is this world and think it created itself?

The earth itself points to a Creator. And I happen to believe with all my heart that the God of the Bible truly did create the heavens and the earth. With all my heart.

Now I’m going out with Russ, Beth, and Jack to see more of God’s beauty!

No comments: