Saturday, July 24, 2010

Abide in Him (1 John 2:27)

As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
(1 John 2:27, NASB)

When we accept the gift of salvation through the death and resurrection of God the Son, God the Holy Spirit indwells us. And He gives us wisdom to understand God’s word. He helps us to discern truth from lies. He convicts us when we sin.

But we can fight Him. Ignore Him. Still make our own decisions. Justify our sin.

I’ve certainly been guilty of all of the above. But the older I get, the closer I get to heaven, the more I want to allow the Spirit to work in me. The more I want to allow Jesus to shine through me. The more I want to allow the Father to work His will in and through me.

I want to abide in Him.

Can you honestly say you completely abide in God? That you believe in Him fully? That you want to live to honor and glorify Him and only Him?

Give it up. Give it all up to Him. Let God work through you. Let Him bless you as He sees fit.

Abide in Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dear Sauni,

What is required in order to have Jesus ABIDE in us and we in Him?

Can we do it:

1. By accepting Him as our our own personal Lord and Savior ?
No. Where does the Bible say that?

2. By the grace of GOD only? Sola Gracias?
No. Where does the Bible say that?

3. By faith in GOD alone? Sola Fides?
No. Where does the Bible say that?

It is simple common sense that since He commanded that we must do something, then doesn't it stand to reason that He would also tell us how to do it?

Jesus was very clear in what we must do in order to have Him ABIDE in us and we in Him.

Jesus left this command for us in John 6:53-57:

53 "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you (the taken away branch);

54 he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 HE WHO EATS MY FLESH AND DRINKS MY BLOOD ABIDES IN ME, AND I IN HIM.

57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me."