Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Testify (1 John 5:7-8)

For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
(1 John 5:7-8, NASB)

I’ve been asked why I believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation. Why I believe that the God of the Bible is the one and only true God. If you’re a follower of Christ, you may have been asked the same.

What’s your answer?

Part of why I believe what I believe is I trust the Bible as God’s word. I believe God the Spirit wrote through the pens of men.

But that’s not the only reason. In fact, in some ways, it’s not even the main reason.

I believe what I believe because of how God has changed my life. I could share countless testimonies of dramatic life-changes of others, but when it comes down to it, the only story I can really tell is my own.

And God changed my life.

I see Him work in my life each and every day. He gives me peace in this very peace-less world. He gives me strength when I simple can’t function on my own. He opens unexpected, but perfect doors. He provides—miraculously sometimes—for my needs.

I know this sounds melodramatic, but I honestly believe I wouldn’t be alive today if it weren’t for God’s work in my life. His very, very real presence.

And as John said, I know the Holy Spirit is in me. I’ve been baptized by water and cleansed by blood. Those three testify to my being God’s daughter.

That’s my testimony.

3 comments:

Cindy M Jones said...

Hi Sauni, found your blog from the devotion, "Are You Rich?" which was posted on Christian Devotions.com. I enjoyed both very much. Would like to invite you to take a look at my blogs and consider posting something on http://www.bookends-allaboutwriting.com/.

Sauni Rinehart said...

I'd be honored, Cindy! What exactly did you have in mind?

Cindy M Jones said...

How you started writing, why is it important to you. I would like to send you a list of interview questions. My email is jones.cwm@gmail.com, if you will send your email. Thanks so much. Look forward to hearing from you.