Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Lord, My Help (Ps. 63:6-8)

When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.

(Psalm 63:6-8, NASB)

On Monday, I wrote that I desire to hunger after the Lord. I wrote that I should think of Him when I wake and just as I fall asleep.

Today’s verses speak to the very same thing. And I love that I’m given permission to lie in bed as I meditate on God and His word! In fact, I’m lying in bed as I write these words!

But why should I remember Him? Why should my thoughts be filled with Him?

Oh, for so many reasons, but right now, at this moment, I remember my Lord because He has been and will be my help. He gathers me under the shadow of His wing and protects me from the powers of this world. Just as a baby bird joyfully chirps under the safety of her mother’s wing, so I can joyfully sing praises to my Abba.

And as my own soul clings to my Lord, I can rest in the confidence that He’ll hold me through whatever today brings.

No comments: