Monday, October 31, 2011

Chosen by God (1 Thess. 2:13-14)

But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, NASB)

God is omniscient. He knows all. He is omnipresent, everywhere at once. He always has been and will always be. And since He is without time as we know it, He knows every decision we’ll ever make—including our decision to follow Him.

And so verses like today’s where we’re told He “has chosen you from the beginning” make complete sense to me. Some people say this contradicts the idea of free will, but it doesn’t really. God knows who His followers will be, so He has chosen us for salvation from our sins and ongoing sanctification.

It’s such a joy knowing that I’ve been in God’s heart and mind always. He knows me intimately, and He loves me deeply. I am His chosen daughter, and I am blessed.

So very blessed.

No comments: