Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The Grace of God (1 Cor. 15:9-11)

For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
(1 Corinthians 15:9-11, NASB)

We are all the “least of the apostles.” None of us deserves God’s grace. None of us.

Yet that’s exactly what God offers to us. Grace. Unmerited favor. Getting what we don’t deserve.

Most of us didn’t persecute the church of God, but we sinned. Each and every one of us. Some of us “worse” than others, certainly. But each of us has sinned. Each of has broken the heart of our Lord and Savior. Each of us deserves eternal separation from Him.

Yet, if we receive the gift of salvation by receiving Christ as our Savior, we are covered by God’s grace. We receive eternity with our Lord and Savior.

We receive so much of what we don’t deserve. Even those of us who have been the worst of sinners.

Grace is ours … We just have to ask.

No comments: