Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Our God Cares (Psalm 145:15-160)


Today's scripture: Psalm 145:15-16

The Bible assures us that our God takes good care of His children. He provides food, shelter, clothing. He protects from harm. He gives peace and comfort.

But what about those believers in poor countries who live on a cup of rice and a handful of beans each day. Or those who are abused or raped or martyred. Or those who suffer great loss.

Where is God then? Is He really "satisfy[ing] the desire of every living thing"?

I don't know why God does sometimes allows things to happen that cause pain or suffering. I don't know why there are starving people. Or victims of violent crime. Or tragic loss of life.

I do know we live in a fallen world, one that is becoming more and more corrupt and perverted as time as we know it winds down. I do know that sin is rampant. I do know we're in a battle against the enemy of our souls.

And I do know that God is greater than anything, and I do know He will work everything out for good. So even in the most difficult of situations, I know He will provide. He will protect. He will give peace and comfort.

Because I know He's good and loving. And He cares for us.

No comments: