Friday, March 08, 2013

Praising God (Psalm 145:5-7)


Today's scripture: Psalm 145:5-7

Each day during my prayer time, I focus on God's attributes. Sometimes I praise Him, listing as many as I can think of. Other times, I concentrate on two or three attributes that speak to my heart.

I praise Him because of His grace and mercy. His faithfulness. His love. His patience. His compassion.

I praise Him because He is personal, accessible, and constant. I praise Him because He is my refuge and strength. He is my stronghold.

I praise Him because He is my Redeemer, my Savior, my Teacher.

I praise Him because He heals. He gives comfort and peace. He soothes my troubled soul.

I praise Him because He provides for my needs. He carries me through the valleys. He rejoices with me on the mountaintops.

He is good, powerful, holy, and righteous.

He is gentle and kind.

He is majestic, great, and mysterious.

He is worthy of all glory, honor, praise, and worship.

Meditate on God's attributes every day. Remember His goodness to you. Recall His awesome acts and wonderful works.

And then give Him the praise He so rightly deserves.

No comments: