Wednesday, October 02, 2013

It Is Well ...

Hello faithful readers!

Today, I'm going to do something a bit different ... I mentioned a few days ago that I was in a "perfect storm," and life was a bit hectic. I have so much going on with work (those nine simultaneous classes), and today, my body said (very clearly), "STOP!" So, I'm resting and taking it very easy today.

I was just lying on my bed and thinking of how God continues to bring me through my daily, ever-escalating pain, and the words of one of my favorite hymns came to mind:

When peace like a river attendeth my way.
When sorrows like sea-billows roll.
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say:
It is well. It is well with my soul
.
Then I went to YouTube to see if I could find a soul-touching version ... and of the many I found, this one did it. It touched my soul and made me lift my hands in praise. I pray as you listen, your heart and soul will be touched as well.

May the Giver of peace wrap His arms of grace around you. No matter what your lot is, may you be able to sing with me, "It is well with my soul."

No comments: