Friday, October 04, 2013

Tell God's Stories (Psalm 40:9-10)


Today's scripture: Psalm 40:9-10

One of the greatest joys I have in being a Christ-follower is that I'm part of His family. I have brothers and sisters all over the world, and I can rejoice with them when God works in and through them.

I love sharing stories of God's faithfulness. It's one of my favorite things to do. I love hearing stories of His faithfulness as well. When I'm feeling discouraged or doubtful, sometimes just hearing about how God has worked in someone else's life gives me hope.

I think this is one of the reasons God calls us to "assemble" with other believers (Hebrews 10:25). We certainly need to listen to God's word through the teaching of godly men and women, but it also gives us the chance to hear what God is doing in others' lives.

This is also why it's important to be part of a small group. When you meet with the same group of people regularly, you share stories. You have a front-row seat to God's work. My small group has been meeting together for quite a while now, and we know each other very well. We've seen God's hand through amazing blessings, and we've seen His comfort through the deepest pain. Without fail, my heart is blessed when I hear of God's righteousness, faithfulness, and lovingkindness through their stories.

We really do need to "proclaim" God's faithfulness and not "conceal" it. Through stories of God's faithfulness, our faith grows.

If you're not already in a church where you hear truth, I pray you find one. If you're not part of a small group of believers with whom you can share God's stories, again, I pray you find one.

Proclaim His truth. Share His stories. You will be blessed.

No comments: