Monday, April 07, 2014

His Kingdom Rules (Psalm 103:19)


Today's scripture: Psalm 103:19

I have never been more ready for Christ’s return. I am so very tired of living in this perverted, corrupt world. Immorality. Greed. Selfishness. Utter disregard for truth.

More often than I can say, I’ve figuratively thrown my hands up and cried, “Lord Jesus, come quickly.” The only thing I find hope in is knowing that one day, my God will fully reign.

I truly don’t understand the mind of God ... and that’s as it should be. But I wonder how He can stand it. If I get so sick of this world, I can only imagine how He must feel. Yet He waits. With infinite patience. And love.

The only reason He waits is because He wants everyone to come to Him. He wants everyone to hear about Him and accept His gift of salvation. Peter wrote, “Dear friends, don't forget that for the Lord one day is the same as a thousand years, and a thousand years is the same as one day. The Lord isn't slow about keeping his promises, as some people think he is. In fact, God is patient, because he wants everyone to turn from sin and no one to be lost” (2 Peter3:8-9, CEV).

One day, when He knows it’s time, He’ll return and set up His eternal kingdom. And “… He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away” (Revelation21:3b-4, NASB).

My only hope … and again I pray, Lord Jesus, come quickly.

No comments: