Friday, April 15, 2016

It Makes Me Smile (1 Thessalonians 3:9-10)

Today’s scripture: 1 Thessalonians 3:9-10

We are encouraged by our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are comforted by them.

And we rejoice in them.

When I see a child of God use his or her gifts and talents to serve God, it brings me great joy. I have been blessed to know some amazingly gifted actors, singers, and writers. I am honestly in awe of their talents.

But what really makes me rejoice in them is when I see those gifts and talents used to glorify the Lord.

Before I left California a year ago, I was privileged to perform at a faith-based theater. Some of those young people were seriously talented—I mean, Broadway-talented. Certainly some of them aspire to make a career of theater, but when I’d watch them worship the Lord on stage, I would truly rejoice. (I miss that theater … but that’s beside the point. 
J)

God has given each of us gifts and talents to be used for His glory. Not all of us are destined for the stage, but each of us can serve Him. Practicing hospitality. Teaching. Praying. Showing mercy. Giving encouragement.

When I see my friends using their gifts to glorify the Lord, I can't help but smile. I truly rejoice. There’s nothing better!

No comments: